2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs, beaten
3 mashed overripe bananas
*cinnamon was an extra ingredient I added
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, cream together apple sauce, honey, eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
A tip for smashing your bananas is to leave them whole and squeeze the banana- the peal makes it mess free.
6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.