My husband and I are on a bit of a health kick lately. It's easier to change when you and your partner are in it together. With my new addition during the days, my workouts now take place at 5:30am which means I'm up at 5:00am. I thought the transition would be a lot more difficult for me...someone who LOVES curling up in a warm bed, but it really hasn't.
I'm done with my workout by 6:30am, showered by 7:00am and still have about 30 minutes to myself in the morning. I've noticed a change with my moods. I'm a lot less stressed and seem to be going into the day with more of an open mind. I've always heard people say to wake up early before the kids for your own time. I assumed laying in bed was time to myself but it isn't.
To have an extra 2.5 hours alone, to myself in the quiet of my own thoughts has been a great way to start the days so far. I don't have a goal but knew working out was too important to me to take a back burner. My husband has helped me start to eat smarter as he's trying to watch everything he eats. Not a diet just smarter decisions.
I found this 'pin' for healthy muffins and thought they were great for a Healthy Eats Friday recipe.
Have a great weekend and take time for yourself.
My Results:1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups bananas, mashed (3 large)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Combine oats, both flours, sugar ground flax seed, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Mix and set aside.
4. Mash bananas.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together bananas, butter and egg.
6. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
7. Gently fold in blueberries.
8. Pour batter into 12 muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes, or until the center comes clean with a toothpick.
9. Cool before serving. Each muffin is 183 calories versus the average 320 calories.