My 4 year old is way into headbands. With her starting to gain more independence in the morning, it's an easy way for her to brush and fix her hair all by herself. Since we're getting more into headbands and out of clips, I was desperate to find an easy fix to them lying all around the house. Not only that but my 2 year old frequently tries to wear them as belts which end up snapping them right down the middle.
I had 'pinned' a couple ideas (foam cones, sewn ribbon etc.) but the one that stood out to me was the least expensive and most practical. Fortunately my husbands been on an oatmeal kick so I happened to have an empty oatmeal container.
The 'pin' below didn't come with a tutorial so if you're interested in making a headband holder, follow below.
Cleaned Oatmeal Canister
1. Clean out canister.
2. Measure fabric around canister and mark.
3. Cut fabric.
4. Spray fabric with spray adhesive.
5. Roll fabric onto canister.
6. Trim any excess fabric.
7. Fold top fabric into canister and tape down.
8. Spray and place fabric on lid. Trim around top.
9. Measure embellishment for lid and adhere with glue.