So... I finally killed two birds with one stone.
I've been wanting to create an organization station behind my pantry doors and also find a project to put my new Silhouette Portrait to use. I put the two wants together and created a great space for my grocery list, coupons and weekly menu.
I'm so happy with how everything turned out. I purposely wanted to keep the station behind closed doors so that it didn't create more clutter in my kitchen. After all...this is what I'm trying to avoid. Behind pantry doors is a great place to keep an organization station. It's hidden, close to the pantry where you can immediately add items to the grocery list and it doesn't take up any new space.
I had a 'pin' for this which I loved but wasn't practical in my house. Having the chalk boards on the front of the doors would have turned into a mess with my 2 year old.
Instead I hung boards so they are out of her reach.
I've already saved money at the store by having a central place for menu, grocery list and coupons.
Washi Tape for decorating boards- Optional
Heavy Duty Velcro Squares
Black Boarder Tape
Stick on Letters
Vinyl Envelope for Coupons
1. Find a place you'd like to incorporate a kitchen organization station.
|Next mission is to organize the pantry!|
2. Remove packaging and add designs or a border with Washi Tape.
3. Measure spacing days of week lines for the menu board.
4. Add letters for the week and black boarder tape for lines for the menu board.
5. Finish adding any additional details to boards before hanging.
6. Add Velcro squares to each corner.
7. Measure and level board before hanging.
8. Add a large vinyl envelope to door for coupons.
9. I made my labels with the Silhouette Portrait, backed them to a coordinating paper and laminated.
10. Hang labels above boards and envelope to complete the project.
11. Enjoy this first step to an organized life!