A picture frame without the glass or backing
String of your choice (I used a thick hemp)
Paint (if you want to change the color of the frame)
2 soda tabs
1. Paint the frame a color that will fit your decor.
2. Once the paint has dried, lay the frame on it's front and measure the distance between side to side adding a bit more length for the knots. Cut the amount of strings you'd like- I went with 3.
3. Tie a knot at one end of the rope. I did this to give the nails from the nail gun a place to pierce. I'm sure there are other ways to affix the string to the frame.
4. Nail the string to the backside of the frame.
To hang up the frame I used 2 other 'pins' I found on Pinterest.
6. The first is to use soda tabs as hangers. Let me tell you...it's genius and makes it very easy so save those tabs! Measure the distance you'd like each tab to be. For a larger frame, I used 2.
7. Screw a screw into the small hole of the tab.
Now for hanging up the frame....
9. Remove the tape and place it on the wall you will hang the frame and put nails on both ends.
Linked Up To: