It is a rare morning that I'm typing in total quiet. My girls are early risers (6:15am-7:00am) but this morning...THEY ARE STILL SLEEPING! Part of me feels pressured to figure out what to do.
Do I shower? Clean? Catch up on emails? Catch up on my DVRed shows?
The obvious choice was to write but as I sit here writing, my heart is pounding at the thought that I won't finish on time. I feel like I'm writing against a stopwatch and I only have a limited amount of time then the buzzer will ring. So here you have it...there was no other 'pin' for what I made.
A dear friend of mine has a daughter who recently celebrated a birthday. She's in love with the show Doc McStuffins so I wanted to customize her present. In the show there is a sign Doc McStuffins turns to let her patients know the 'Doctor is In' or the 'Doctor is Out'. I decided to make her the same door sign. You can download the sign from the Disney Website.
1 Piece of pre-cut wood (I bought mine at a craft store in the raw wood section)
Exacto knife or scissors
1. Remove any labels from wood.
2. Print off sign from the Disney Website.
3. Cut out the 2 signs from the printout.
4. Glue the back of the signs and apply to the wood.
5. Once the glue has dried, apply a thick layer of Mod Podge to one side and let dry. Repeat to other side once dried.
6. Measure the length of ribbon, cut and hot glue it to one side of the sign.
7. Once the glue is dry, hot glue a button to each end of the ribbon. This adds an extra touch and covers ups the ends.
8. Gift or hang the sign up on your favorite Doc McStuffins lovers door.