3 large zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided in half
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup marinara sauce, homemade or bottled
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Coat a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Cut zucchini into rounds and blot with paper towels to remove the excess moisture.
4. Place zucchini in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil, turning to coat each piece.
5. In a separate bowl, combine half the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
6. Dip each zucchini round into the Parmesan/ bread crumb mixture, flipping to coat both sides. You'll need to press the breading slightly to ensure it sticks.
7. Place breaded zucchini rounds on the prepared baking sheet making sure they don't overlap or touch.
8. Bake for 15 minutes and flip for another 10 minutes or until browned.
9. Reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
10. Coat the bottom of a small baking dish with marinara sauce.
11. Layer one third of the crisp zucchini rounds over marinara, overlapping where necessary.
12. Sprinkle the layer with mozzarella, a bit more sauce and some of the remaining Parmesan cheese.
13. Repeat steps 11 and 12 until the zucchini is gone.
14. Top the last layer with the remaining cheese.
15. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling. Serve and Enjoy!
Linked Up To: