Here's what I used:
Box of chocolate brownies
Bag of caramel cubes (I found mine in the grocery stores candy section)
1/2 cup heavy cream for caramel
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
Course sea salt for dusting on top
1. Preheat oven to the temperature on the box of brownies. Our box said 350 degrees.
2. Spray an 8x8 pan.
3. Prepare the brownie mix per the directions on the box.
4. Pour mixture into 8x8 pan and bake for time on box. I took a couple minutes off since I like gooey brownies.
5. While brownies are baking, chop up pecans. They are a softer nut so I just used a bowl to grind them and also broke them with my hand. Decide how coarse you like your nuts.
6. Unwrap caramel squares. If you hate to do this, find a helper and give them a square for helping. Works for me every time.
7. Once the caramels are unwrapped and there is about 5 minutes left on the brownies, add the heavy cream to a bowl with the caramels. Microwave for 20 second segments stirring every time. Once you're consistency is smooth you know you're done.
8. When the brownies are finished and still warm, pour the caramel on top. I used a spatula to GENTLY spread around the caramel.
9. Spread the crushed pecans over the top of the caramel.
11. Let brownies set at room temperature for 30 minutes then transfer to the fridge for about an hour.
12. Once brownies are chilled, prepare your chocolate drizzle by melting 1 tbsp of cream and the chocolate chips. I did this in 10 second segments also in the microwave stirring every time.
13. When your chocolate is at a creamy consistency, drizzle it over top of the pecans.
14. Chill brownies in pan for 30 minutes in refrigerator before serving. I've had them both ways and find they are best chilled but who am I kidding...it's all good! I had to show you every angle :)
Linked Up To: