Not sure about you but I can't wait to start watching the Olympics- not many summer shows are keeping my interest and I hate to admit it but LOVE watching TV. With the opening ceremonies just around the corner, I wanted to create something I could wear that shows support but doesn't scream Olympics. I'm not really an in-your-face icon wearer. There was a cute little bracelet in Anthropologie and I fell in love with it. I decided to modify the colors to make it feel a bit Olympic like. I was so thrilled to be able to share the tutorial for the bracelet on Brassy Apple last week. Check it out...it's so easy to make.
2 Eye Pins Nylon Cording in the 5 colors
2- 1/2"Cone Caps (you can use any caps you'd like as long as it fits the 5 cords)
1. Measure the cording for your wrist size and cut to length.
2. Put end of clasp onto eye pin.
3. Insert eye pin with clasps into the cone caps.
4. Grouping all 5 cords together, dab a bit of hot glue to the ends.
5. Hold the eye pin to the side and insert the cords into the cone while the glue is still hot.
6. For extra security, add an additional dab of glue to the inside of the cords.
7. Cut the end of the eye pin.
8. Add the rings.
9. Repeat steps 4-6 on the other end of the bracelet.
10. Enjoy your stylin' bracelet. I love the way the colors and the gold rings elude to the Olympics.
Linked Up To: