I digress...with the unbearable heat lately, my hair has been up (okay it always is). I've been really into making headbands that help keep my hair out of my eyes but also to give the appearance I tried to pull myself together in the morning. I had extra jersey strips from the Jersey Knit Bracelets 'pin' I did awhile ago. The tutorial looks more difficult than it really is. I tried to capture every step but if you get lost, the original 'pin' I found this from did a great job.
2 long circle strips (imagine cutting the base of a tee shirt)
1 short strip (optional...you'll see I chose to just knot a tie off the ends)
1. Using a flat surface, layout your first circular strip cross the two ends over.
3. Take the right side of the bottom loop and place above the U strip.
4. Lift the left side of the U loop and place it under the top of the bottom non-U loop.
5. Take the right piece of the U strip and place it over the right side of the bottom loop, then under the middle strip- the left side of your U strip and then back over of the left side of the loop. Basically, you're weaving it in and out to create a weave.
|Over than Under|
|Then Over the Loop|
6. This is what the looping and weaving should look like....
7. Taking the 4 loop ends, evenly and slowly pull them out until you see the weave get tighter.
8. I measured around my head, tied the ends and cut off the bottom parts of the loops.
9. Viola! Enjoy your easy jersey knit headband.
Linked Up To: