Canned biscuits except for the flaky layer type
3 tbsp of melted butter (~3 tbsp per 8 biscuits)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp of cinnamon (you can vary this amount to your liking)
1. Mixed together the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
2. Fill your pan up to about 1/2 in with vegetable oil and heat up for a few minutes on medium heat.
3. While the oil is heating up, cut holes in the donuts with a cookie cutter or some other object. I decided to cut them with a cookie cutter into heart shapes and used the excess to make balls.
4. When the oil turns glassy, add the dough to the oil.
5. After the underside turns golden brown, flip with tongs or a large spoon.
6. The donuts are complete after the second side is also golden.
7. Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined pan or plate.
8. When the donuts have cooled enough to handle, dip one side in the melted butter, let the excess drip off.
9. Dip in cinnamon and sugar mixture coating both sides.
10. Enjoy this sinful breakfast treat.