Once I started to stay at home, they types of friendships I developed changed. They became deeper and more meaningful much faster than friendships in my 20's. It's like a we already had an unspoken bond of motherhood. I'm very blessed to have these strong, meaningful friendships in my life. Although some of my friends live in different states and we talk now monthly rather than daily, the bond is still there. Yesterday I was so happy to have some of these friends over with their children. It was a break and not work..perfect for a group of stay at home mothers. These ladies help me stay sane and help put perspective into my life and for that....I'm grateful.
For our dessert yesterday I made a kid and adult friendly treat. The prep time was minimal and the treat turned out great. I found the 'pin' and this play date became the perfect excuse to make it. My end results weren't as beautiful as the 'pin' but that's what you get when you have 7 kids screaming at you for dessert!
18 graham cracker squares (9 sheets or about 1 1/2 cups)
1/3 c. butter
1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
1/4 c. whipping cream
2 c. mini marshmallows
1 1/2 c. cold milk
1 box (4 servings, 3.9 oz)instant chocolate pudding
1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip (thawed in fridge)
1/4 c. mini chocolate chips (as topping)
1. Grind graham crackers into fine crumbs.
2. Melt butter and add to graham crackers, mixing until well combined to make crust.
3. Prepare pan by placing cupcake papers into the bottom of each cup.
4. Evenly divide crust mixture into all 12cups.
5. Press the crumbs firmly into the bottom of each cup.
6. Place milk chocolate chips and whipping cream into a small bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
7. Spoon chocolate on top of the graham cracker crust.
8. Divide Marshmallows among cups on top of the chocolate.
9. Make the pudding according to the box and fold in 1/2 of the Cool Whip container (the rest will be used as topping).
10. Spoon filling into each cup until the whole cup is filled.
11. Smooth the tops by using knife of shaking the pan so the ingredients are level with the top of the pan.
12. Freeze for at least a couple of hours if not more.
13. Allow the pan to warm just a bit before popping each dessert cup out.
14. Add a dollop of Cool Whip on each dessert and sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top...Serve cold right away.