Last week I made the best pasta salad 'pin'. I am happy to have taken the before picture of the salad because by the time the play date was over, the salad was gone. My poor husband didn't get to enjoy any of the leftovers. For those who know me, you know I don't like mayo based salads or anything for that matter. The original recipe used ham but I decided to use the bacon I had on hand instead. This salad was so flavorful and beautiful- the mixture of sweet from the balsamic and the saltiness from the bacon worked together so well. I was also thrilled to be able to use the fresh basil from my garden. This was the perfect summer salad.
1/2 pound pasta cooked and drained (I made the pasta the night before)
1/2 package of bacon- cooked and crumbled
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup cooked edamame (you can find pre-shelled one's in the grocers freezer)
1/4 cup chopped basil (use fresh if you can)
salt and pepper
1. Make the pasta. I didn't want to be rushed so I made mine the night before, cooled it and stuck it in the fridge.
2. Cook bacon in a frying pan until the pieces are crisp but not burnt.
3. Remove bacon and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
4. In the same pan (I didn't say this recipe was healthy) add the minced garlic, olive oil, and balsamic and saute over a low heat for about 1 minute.
6. Transfer pasta to a large bowl and add the edammame, tomatoes and basil.
7. Cut up the bacon and add.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste and blend the goodness together.
Linked Up To: