I do know that a way to my husbands heart are his comfort foods. If I know he's had a bad day, want to surprise him or know I'm not partaking in the meal, I'll try to make him something from his list. This week I was out and decided to make him a meatloaf. The 'pin' I choose had a little twist from the normal recipe I use so I was skeptical if he'd like it. He really enjoyed it and the meal was a hit. In fact there was so much remaining we had leftovers for the week (him not me). Next time I think I'll make mini meat loafs and freeze them individually. For all you meatloaf fans, he gave this a thumbs up.
2 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk
3. Stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, sage, and pepper.
4. Add ground meat; mix well.
5. Lightly pat mixture into an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
6. Bake in oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F.
7. In a bowl combine ketchup, sugar, and mustard.
8. Spoon off fat.
9. Spread ketchup mixture over meat.
10. Bake for 10 minutes more.