These past couple of days have been busy and I'm excited to post everything I've done in the upcoming weeks. For today though I'm going to post a great baked zucchini 'pin. It seemed so fitting for the Memorial Day weekend plus they turned out so great.
1 lb. zucchini (about 2 medium-sized)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch-thick rounds.
4. Toss rounds with oil, coating well.
5. In a wide bowl or plate, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
6. Place rounds in the breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides of each round. You'll need to press to help the mixture stick.
Note: The mixture will not completely cover each round, but provides a light coating on each side.
7. Place rounds on baking sheets making sure they don't touch.
8. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the rounds.
9. Bake for about 22 to 27 minutes, until golden brown. They'll crisp on both sides so no need to flip.