4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning chicken
1/2 cup basil pesto (I used my homemade but you can use purchased pesto)
2 oz. (1/2 cup) grated mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Trim all visible fat and tendons from chicken pieces, then cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 2 or 3 pieces.
3. Spray a 9" x 12" baking dish with non-stick spray
4. Spread 1/4 cup basil pesto over the bottom of the dish.
5. Lay chicken strips over the pesto, then spread 1/4 cup more basil pesto over the chicken.
6. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes, just until chicken is barely cooked through.
8. Place dish back into the oven without foil and cook 5 minutes more, just until cheese is melted.
9. Serve hot with a side of rice or couscous.