As I sit here imagining all the food we're going to try, I can't get my mind off of the decadent 'pin' I baked the other day. Chocolate brownies with peanut butter. Because I was short on time, I saved myself a huge step by using boxed brownies instead of homemade. I don't think the family noticed because they must have disappeared in a matter of a day or two. These really were an awesome treat.
Boxed brownie mix (Dark or Milk Chocolate)2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of table salt
Makes 36 small brownies.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Adjust a rack to the center of the oven.
2. Cover a 13x9 pan with some nonstick cooking spray.
3. Follow the boxed brownie mix directions and but bowl aside.
4. While the oven is preheating, make the peanut butter filling by beating together the butter, confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl until smooth.
5. Pour the chocolate batter into the prepared pan.
6. Spoon large dollops of the peanut butter mixture evenly across the top of the batter.
7. Use the tip of a knife or a toothpick to make pretty swirls with the peanut butter throughout the chocolate.
8. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven, and let cool completely before cutting into squares.