I'm not a very frilly decorative type of person so wreaths rarely find themselves in my house. After looking at a couple of inspiring 'pins' I found one that was similar to my style and adapted it to my personality. I'm really excited about how it turned out and can't wait to make more. The mix of hard and soft materials is what I like most about the wreath. It is so easy to make a wreath fit a personality....a great future gift.
Material for wrapping (I used a heavy 3ply .45lb jute)
Foam ring (any size. I used a 12" ring)
Embellishments (I made the felt flowers similar to my Easy Fabric Poufs post)
1. Wrap the wreath with jute and pin as you go along to keep the jute in place. Keep it tight and know that it is close to impossible to have the jute perfectly lined up on the entire wreath. This step may take you a while which is the benefit of pinning the jute down frequently so you can stop and come back to it.
2. Once you get to the end either pin or glue the tail down on the back side of the wreath or where you'll eventually place a flower or embellishment. I used hot glue but you can use a strong craft glue as well.
3. Make as many poufs as you'd like by following my tutorial (Easy Fabric Poufs) or use other embellishments. I made mine from 3 different colors/types of felt and also was not exact on the size. I like having the variance.
4. Figure out how you're going to layout the embellishments before gluing them down.
5. Once you figure out placement, glue and place the poufs.