I decided to make Popsicles with the bruised fruit by pureeing it in the blender and mixing it with other ingredients. I found a 'pin' that gave me guidelines and ideas for mixing the puree to make the frozen treats. I did cut/combine a couple of steps from the original 'pin' but the still came out great. Needless to say, the girls loved them and I loved giving them the healthier dessert option.
Dixie cups or Popsicle mold
32 ounces low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt (I used strawberry because it's what I had on hand)
~9oz of fruit (using less is okay as long as you balance out the other ingredients)
3 tbsp Lemon or orange juice
1. Place 7 1/2 ounces of fruit into a food processor.
2. Process until smooth. You can pass it through a fine sieve but I didn't.
3. Stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice; set aside.
4. Blend yogurt with the fruit puree.
5. Layer each cup or pop mold with yogurt and puree, adding rest of berries along the way (if you choose).
6. After 25 minutes in the freezer, insert wooden pop sticks and freeze overnight.
7. Pops will keep, frozen, for at least 3 weeks if they last that long.