2-3 pound pork tenderloin, pork shoulder or pork butt (I used a pork shoulder)
12 ounce can of root beer (I used Pepsi- the soda type doesn't matter it just acts as a tenderizer)
18 ounce bottle of barbecue sauce
8 hamburger buns
1. Place the pork in a slow cooker.
2. Pour the can of soda over the meat.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until pork shreds easily with a fork. (I cooked mine at 8 hours)
4. After the pork has cooked, drain and discard the soda.
5. Shred the pork in the slow cooker.
6. Pour the barbecue sauce over the pork and stir to combine.
7. Serve immediately on buns or keep warm in slow cooker until ready to serve. This also freezes great!