2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups mashed ripe banana (It helps to squeeze the banana's before opening them to create the mash)
1/3 cup skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 heaping cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda & salt.
3. Mash bananas. I prefer to squeeze mine while still in the skin. When I open it, the banana is ready to fall apart and ripe.
4. In a separate large bowl or mixer beat sugar and butter at medium speed until blended.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Add banana, milk and vanilla. Beat until blended.
7. Add flour mixture, beat at low speed just until flour is incorporated (don’t over mix).
8. Pour mixture into pan except for 1 cup.
9. Spoon Nutella into a small dish and soften in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
10. Add the reserved 1 cup of the banana bread batter to the Nutella and stir until blended well.
11. Spoon Nutella batter on top of the plain banana bread batter and swirl batters together with a knife or fork in a circular motion.