48 Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped
½ cup shortening
¾ cup peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375° F
2. Remove wrappers from chocolate (perfect task for a 3.5 year old)
3. Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended.
4. Add 1/3 cup sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
5. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
6. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
7. Add in green food coloring.
8. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar.
9. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
10. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
11. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
12. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and try to keep little leprechauns away until cooled.
13. Cool. Makes about 4 dozen.