Makes 2 large pancakes, 4-6 servings each
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
Optional: Berries, Backed Apple Slices, Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Whisk eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl, or whiz in a blender.
3. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
4. Divide butter between two 9 or 10-inch cast iron skillets, glass baking dishes, or one larger rectangular roasting pan. Place in oven until butter melts.
5. Remove pans, swirling butter to coat sides.
6. Divide batter between pans. Bake on lowest rack until golden brown, set on center rack and allow to bake until sides rise high above the sides of the pans, 12-15 minutes.
7. Squeeze fresh lemon juice and dust with powered sugar.
Optional: Add berries, baked apple slices or some syrup.